BASSMAXX has launched the SSP115, a new sub-bass self-powered loudspeaker that is the latest addition to the Profundo Series.
The SSP115 incorporates a single, long-excursion 15-inch low frequency driver in a vented enclosure, optimized for deep bass response in a small, lightweight, and manageable size, powered by a 3,400-watt class D amplifier with built-in DSP already pre-set. All the system components power-matched and protected from damage.
“This is a super-powered single 15-inch subwoofer, delivering greater depth and better sound quality than a lot of double 18-inch cabinets,” states David Lee, president and designer of BASSMAXX. “Putting so much power in a tiny box may sound impractical, but this is a very practical product. It fits in a hatchback car, can easily be carried up and down stairs, takes up precious little floor space, and yet is also able to hit hard and deep and fill big spaces with big bass.
“Using one SSP115 rather than two inferior boxes makes dollars and sense because with it you can deliver superior service with less effort, set-up, transport costs, and floor space. One person can move these, which is a huge advantage for the smaller company. Sometimes more or bigger boxes won’t even fit in the car, truck or even in the venue. The SSP115 is the solution when space is at a premium.”
The cabinet is finished in black textured weatherproof polyurethane coating and the woofer’s cone is made from a waterproof fiber matrix. The top-mounted pole socket in the subwoofer provides for one of the AT-Series tops to be mounted on a straight speaker pole above the subwoofer.
The unit’s BASSMAXX “Sound Defense” warranty even covers failed drivers, including burned voice coils, for two years. If a voice coil, or anything else, fails within the warranty period, replacement parts will be provided without charge.
“We design and manufacture every product to the highest standards and with great care taken over every detail so we sincerely believe that our customers will be thrilled with every purchase,” Lee adds. “We work to ensure that every customer is completely satisfied, and if they’re not, for any reason, they may exchange their purchase for another model or the purchase price will be refunded. No hassles. Plain and simple.”
• Frequency Response (±3 dB): 38-180 Hz
• Frequency Range (-10 dB): 35-200 Hz
• Sensitivity: 94 dB, 1W @ 1m 40-100 Hz) (2.83V into 8 ohms, half space)
• Maximum Sustained Output: 125 dB SPL, 1m, 2pi, half-space (ground plane)
• Short-term Peak Output: 131 dB
• Nominal Dispersion (°H x °V): 360 x 360
• Enclosure Type: Helmholz resonator enclosure, optimally tuned for low frequency response with good sensitivity and high power handling
• Transducers: 1 x 15 inch diameter (380 mm) woofer with 4-inch (100mm) copper winding voice coil and 56mm peak to peak excursion; Waterproof fiber composite cone
• Cabinet Construction: 18mm Baltic Birch plywood; equipped with two handles, a pole socket and interlocking rubber feet
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 18in H x 27.5in W x 22.5in D (18.7-in high with feet)
• Net Weight: 120 pounds; Shipping Weight: 125 pounds
• Exterior Finish: Weatherproof bonded polyurethane
• Grill: Perforated, powder-coated steel
• Compatible Top Boxes: BASSMAXX Attuned Tops Series
• Electrical Input Connector: Neutrik Powercon in and through
• Voltage Operating Range: 90-250V; auto-sensing, auto switching universal supply
• Current Draw, Nominal: 3A @ 1/8 power
• Current Draw, Peak: 31A
• Signal Input Connector: XLR-F
• Signal Output Connector: XLR-M pass-through only
• DSP: Comprehensive