The new Avid VENUEPack 4 is a suite of professional plug-ins and utilities that will come bundled with all VENUE digital console systems, providing live sound engineers with more creative options.
From re-creations of popular vintage hardware to the latest studio processing effects, VENUEPack 4 includes 30 plug-ins from Avid and third-party partners including Flux::, Focusrite, JOEMEEK, Line 6, and others.
VENUEPack 4 plug-ins run natively on all VENUE systems—no external plug-in runner or separate laptop required. They offer high-quality sound, reliable performance, exceptionally low latency, automatic delay compensation support, and can be controlled right from the console surface.
“VENUE’s integrated plug-in system eliminates the need for external outboard gear or plug-in runners, giving the user unprecedented creative choice,” says Greg Kopchinski, Avid product manager. “VENUEPack 4 provides a unified set of popular plug-ins for live sound, making it easier than ever for engineers to move between VENUE consoles and use the great-sounding, low-latency effects they’ve come to appreciate.”
In addition to the suite of plug-ins, VENUEPack 4 also includes the Flux:: Pure Analyzer Essential software application, a modular RTA system that provides mix engineers with an extensive range of live audio analysis and measurement tools when installed on a Mac- or Windows-based laptop.
Pure Analyzer can also utilize the Flux:: SampleGrabber plug-in to support direct signal acquisition across an Ethernet network from VENUE system monitor and mix buses.
VENUEPack 4 includes the following plug-ins and utilities:
· Classic Compressors Bundle—Emulations of five coveted hardware processors (includes BF-2A, BF-3A, Purple Audio MC77, Fairchild 660, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins)
· Eleven—Hyper-realistic emulations of the world’s greatest vintage and modern guitar amps
· Flux:: Pure Analyzer Essential—Network-driven, real-time signal analyzing software
· Focusrite d2 and d3—Models of the classic Focusrite red equalizer and compressor/limiter
· Impact—Console-style mix bus compressor
· JOEMEEK Bundle—Classic emulations of the SC2 compressor and VC5 Meequalizer
· Line 6 Echo Farm—Models of several classic echo hardware processors and pedals
· Moogerfooger Bundle—Realistic emulations of four classic audio effects and synth modules (includes 12-Stage Phaser, Analog Delay, Lowpass Filter, and Ring Modulator plug-ins)
· Pultec Bundle—Realistic emulations of three vintage Pultec EQs (includes EQH-2, EQP-1A, and MEQ-5 plug-ins)
· Reel Tape Suite—Delivers the warmth and characteristics of analog tape and machine effects (includes Reel Tape Saturation, Reel Tape Delay, and Reel Tape Flanger plug-ins)
· Reverb One—World-class reverb processing, with complete parameter control
· ReVibe—High-performance, highly detailed room-modeling reverb
· Slightly Rude Compressor—Custom compressor that’s both musical and aggressive
· Smack!—Fool-proof compressor/limiter that provides a wide range of sonic variations and color
· TL Aggro—High-quality emulation of a vintage analog FET compressor
· Voce Bundle—Emulations of classic vibrato and rotating speaker effects (includes Voce Chorus/Vibrato and Voce Spin plug-ins)
VENUEPack4 is available worldwide now. Go here for pricing info.
Existing owners can upgrade their VENUE systems to VENUEPack 4 at 50 percent off the standard upgrade price through September 14, 2012. Go here.
Noted sound engineer and Avid live sound market specialist Robert Scovill will host a free webinar on August 15 at 10 am PT (1 pm ET) to introduce the new VENUEPack 4 plug-in bundle. Register here.